Monday, February 05, 2007

Little House on the Prairie, Anyone?









Signs your house is too cold:


1) The 2 sticks of butter that you set out on the counter at 7AM to use for making Practically Perfect Cookies were still too firm to cream with the sugar when you finally got around to it at 3PM. Clearly, when the instructions said "room temperature," they were thinking of someone else's room.
2) Your Chinese evergreen is turning brown.
3) Upon closer inspection, you discover that there is, in fact, a slight draft seeping between the frames of your windows and that the frost that you had originally thought was on the outside of the window is actually on the inside of the window. Your bedroom window, to be precise. Your bedroom windows, specifically.
Way too Laura Ingalls Wilder for me, thanks. Tonight, we'll be pulling out the Big Guns. Tonight, my hair drier and I will be doing a little shrink wrapping.

2 Comments:

Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Something tells me the shine is a little off the old Wisconsin apple, eh?

We're up to a balmy 40 degrees here, and it does. not. suck. Not at all.

February 06, 2007 10:42 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm not sure that the shine is off the apple so much as it's been retooled by Jack Frost.

Lest I complain much, I, too, am tired of the cold, of frozen fingertips when I arrive at work, of frozen toes all day AT work, of the need to wear three layers minimum to keep away the chill. I miss short skirts and sleeves, bare legs, strappy sandals, low-cut tank tops, using half as much facial moisturizer, my glasses not steaming when I come inside, and not jogging in place when I'm getting ready in the bathroom in the morning.


What was I saying about not complaining?

February 07, 2007 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home