Saturday, February 24, 2007

Two Big Shout Outs

First, go read this post especially if you're a woman. It gives you a whole new reason to love your vacuum.

Second, I opened my apartment door this afternoon and what should be lying on my doormat but a padded envelope from my friends, Big and Little. They sent me a mixed CD. The only other person to send me mixed CDs ever is Mr. JCCW himself, and I have to say, Big and Little's contribution is giving Mr. JCCW a run for his money. Tonight is definitely the first time I have ever heard a honky tonk version of "Gin and Juice." It Totally Rocks.

Don't believe me? Check out Snoop singing along with the Gourds version on YouTube. Want a copy? Let me know. I have nothing better to do. I'm shut in for The Blizzard.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Hinnen said...

Blasphemy!

February 25, 2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Dude! It's coming! (Not really related to your post, but I just found it and wanted to tell you ASAP. Or something.) http://www.rutabaga.com/canoecopia/page.asp?pgid=1001

February 26, 2007 11:01 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks for the link!

I remember downloading that song in college when napster was still cool.

February 26, 2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Greg, thanks for the post. Hey, can I add you to my blog roll?

And I'm still not cool enough to figure out downloading music. I make my kid sister do it for me. Case in point: I tried to find a place for everyone to download the Gourds song and all I could find was the video on YouTube. And that was only because Google pulled it up. *sigh*

One day I will be technologically savvy. Maybe.

February 26, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

They keep making it harder and harder to be a quasi criminal.

And of course you can!

February 28, 2007 4:49 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

You've reminded me of a site I used to hit all the time:
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/index.php?rubrique6
Scroll down and look at some of the ideas and mixes. So awesome.

March 01, 2007 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home