Monday, May 07, 2007

And an Hour in the Shower is the Best That You've Got

I don't know much about getting accurate weights and all that, so I don't know if this is a particularly meaningful number, but as of 10:45PM this evening when I completed Virtual's grueling Day 2 workout, and according to the fairly reliable old-school doctor's scale at my gym, I weighed three pounds less than I did last Thursday, when I weighed myself at approximately the same time in the same place wearing about the same thing.

Accurate or not, I still did the Dance of Joy right there in the locker room in front of God and everybody.

In my past life (read: ten days ago), this would have been cause for Celebration with Ice Cream.

Tonight, it was cause for Celebration with Long Hot Shower, Extra Steamy, with a Side of Uber-Girly Body Wash.

And now, it's time for some Serious Progressive Farmer Sleep, as my first roommate after college, the Mistress of Calamity and General Debacles and a former Progressive Farmer magazine intern, used to say. Not even the jackhammering road crew working on the beltline that is about .5 miles away from my open bedroom window here on the Edge of the Edge of the Hood can stand between me and my Dreams of fitting back into my favorite jeans.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Yay! Congrats.

Btw, how much are you shelling out for this? I'm interested, but also 'po.

May 08, 2007 8:13 AM  
Blogger Cat Pippitt said...

Congrats! Keep at it! Holler if you ever want a walking buddy, or someone to eat acceptable carbs with.

May 08, 2007 8:43 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I just had to stop over & give you a big high five for achieving great results...already!!!!

It makes giving up cupcakes worth it :)

May 08, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie E. said...

I need to start working on some endurance and muscles and general better fitness myself. I was in a really lovely daily routine for a short while--get up early, walk & feed the dog, brush teeth, throw hair into ponytail, turn on the radio, and hop onto the elliptical. It's a fantastic way and time to get my morning NPR in. Must return to routine.

P.S. Know what will get me to Madison faster? A couple really easy but high-paying projects that I can get done in a shorter-than-usual amount of time, thus allowing me a few days off work to meander northward. Work your magic, woman. ;)

P.P.S. As far as I can recall, I haven't been in a locker room since high school. Do adult gym locker rooms smell as bad as school locker rooms? Just curious.

May 09, 2007 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home