Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's A Nine-Hour Drive from Me to You

The sign I posted on my office door before closing it immediately upon arriving at work today:

Sparky is unabashedly Rocking Out to Fountains of Wayne. Feel free to interrupt her with questions, etc.

She didn't think you would want to hear her singing along at 7:30 in the morning.

I stopped the singing along part when my office mate, Mr. Reliable, arrived at 9:00, but the first 1.5 hours of my morning definitely, um, rocked.

Tomorrow, I'm blowing off work to drive 15 hours to see Expat (finally) graduate, to introduce my German/Australian Father-In-Law (GAFIL) to my Very Handy Father and Weathergirl, and to then drive said 15 hours back to Madison with said GAFIL and all of his stuff, and Expat and all of his stuff. I just dropped $350 getting the Subaru tuned up (apparently, it needed a new swaybar and a few bushings and a wheel alignment and . . .), I have cash and quarters for the obscene amount of tolls through Chicago and the Vast Flatness that is IllinoisIndianaOhio, and I know exactly which tollway service plazas contain my favorite venders of the very necessary Foofy Coffee.

I. Cannot. Wait.

Seriously.

Until then, I shall continue Rocking Out. Quietly. To myself.




5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I am SO. EXCITED. for you both!

I can guarantee that the reunion will be way better than this: http://www.nataliedee.com/051707/shitty-party.jpg

I'm looking forward to a little time with the Pre-Kids myself, and to windows and sunshine. Hooraaaay sunshine! Oh, and hey -- we don't need to do Smokey Jon's next week immediately. You all are going to need time to yourselves and time to get your GAFIL acclimated to the Sparky-and-Expat routine.

Congratulations and big well-wishes for the weekend! Call me if there's anything at all I can do for y'all while you're out.

May 17, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Cat Pippitt said...

I love that you love that album! I have also been rocking out in my car to FOW, thanks in no small part to you! Safe driving...

May 17, 2007 4:25 PM  
Blogger Cat Pippitt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 17, 2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

YEEEHAW to road trips and even more to Expat's gra-juuu-washun!! Hot dawg! Tell him we said congratufreakinlations! And have fun...

May 17, 2007 5:04 PM  
Blogger Stephanie E. said...

Wow--I hope the road trip was a blast! If I can get myself & my schedule together, I may just be taking a little road trip in June myself, up toward...umm...you. Try not to pee from the excitement of it all.

May 21, 2007 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home