Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Am Not Dead, I Do Not Sleep

I am moving to Alabama in 2 weeks.

I. Am. Freaking. Out.

But never fear! I will be back with more gripping news and anecdotes regarding:
  1. Our latest anniversary here at the Nation (a.k.a., Year 2: The Fluevog Anniversary, following on the heels, so to speak, of Year 1: The Hitchhiker Anniversary);
  2. The fact that we've finally taken our wedding pictures;
  3. Why Sparky suddenly became wildly blog-shy last month.
Oh, and the title lyric for this post might be a bit obscure for most of you. In absence of a true post, have a read from Mary Frye, 1932 (and the ensuing debate around the poem). You can also go here, install the Rhapsody software (it's free), and listen to Eleanor Daley's choral setting; it's number 12 on the list and it's one of only two pieces I've ever sung or directed that can reduce a choir to tears in just the first read-through.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie E. said...

Is it weird that even though I live nowhere near Madison and until a couple weeks ago had not even (1) been to Madison or (2) had a conversation with you face to face (as opposed to by e-mail or phone)--I'm still sad you guys are leaving Madison? And I feel like you're moving away from me even though you're nowhere near me as it is? This will probably turn into a blog post later. In fact, it was almost a blog post earlier this week. You've been warned.

(Tell that dear husband of yours that I'm holding him to it: he has to find an old asylum for me to investigate in Alabama.)

July 11, 2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Cat Pippitt said...

Okay, odd coincidences with the poem. November 13, 2005, was the day my mother died (a hundred years from the poet's birthdate). 1932 was the year Mom was born. And just the whole thing about mothers dying...aw mush. Thanks for that.
Don't you be blog-shy, you great writer you. We'll miss you. You just keep freaking out, and then move and get settled in, and keep us updated. Love!

July 11, 2007 8:21 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I've missed you, friend. Is there anything I can do to help you these next two weeks?

July 13, 2007 11:03 AM  
Blogger Jerry Hinnen said...

Despite the fact I haven't commented on anything for months, being busy and what-not, I too have missed the Nation. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible with the move.

July 24, 2007 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home